Returning Home with a Joyful Heart

Just got back from 4 days in Kona, supporting the Joyful Heart Foundation with their first Teen Pilot retreat program on the Big Island. In partnership with Stacey Bosworth, Lisa Denning, and Shareen Islam, I facilitated a two day personal wellness and relationship safety workshop for girls and young women based on creative movement, inter-active performance games, and the exploration of cultural stories that support healing from trauma and intimate violence.

In 2005, I was a participant in Joyful Heart's retreat program for adult women. And I feel grateful to give back to local young women and create a different kind of programming that speaks on the various levels of body/mind/spirit awareness. So much growth has happened in a year since. Most definately, I can say that I have given myself the nuturing experiences to feel more connected to my innate intelligence and instincts. More and more, my personal and professional ability to answer to what calls as my true "yes" in my pusod (center) has become more refined. And for that, I am grateful to my relationship with the Joyful Heart Foundation staff
who have affirmed the possibility of doing life as joy and play.

Being present to the girls during this weekend, was both a gift and a lesson. Youth have always been my best teachers in how to be transparent and stay in the now. And what a present to learn presence moment to moment! I definatley re-learned "surrender" this weekend and the delicate balance of following the map and going off road to where your students want to take you.

I stayed with Joyful Heart Foundation staff at Joan Ocean and Jean-Luc Bozzoli's
Sky Ranch Guest Retreat home and I was so grateful for the time to be close to the stars, ohia trees, ginger flowers, and wide open space. The ranch animals had their own special way of grounding me, too. This morning even when the wind wasn't blowing, the trees seemed to move, reminding everything is infused with spirit.

Thank you to all who made the above possible. I return home with a joyful heart.

Comments

Popular Posts