Shout out to the sistahs in the movement
O.k.- a couple things are in order here:
1. First, a huge shout-out to sisters from American Samoa, Micronesia, Puerto Rico, and Guam who are here in Honolulu this week for a technical assistance training with Family Violence Prevention Fund, National Organization of Sisters of Color Ending Sexual Assault, Seattle Safety Center, and Asian Women's Shelter. Special mahalos to Cyn Cabot and Jenn Rose for creating access to this important DV movement building work. (And Shane-the greatest pek-pek ally ever for the amazing food).
Being with you all yesterday, re-affirmed to me that the work of addressing family and sexual violence can and must be done in culturally competent ways. The time spent with you all also helped me confirm my path, and assured me to continue following my heart in addressing girls' and womens' wellness through creative arts, theater, and somatic body work and healing.
2. Because of the chance and cosmic connection with these sistahs, I was really inspired to work more on this blog, so if you have been coming here regularly, you'll notice some changes like new links and photos. I love these pics, don't you? It really reflects that nature is truly sensual and the inspiration for creation and liberation.
3. The entry: Apo Caesar and the Princesses has moved to a new blog called Hip Nanay (a cultural adaption and homage to Ariel Gore's Hip Mama). Because I'm wanting to addresss more "mature" themes (not "green" themes) here, I thought I'd move my musings on family, mothering, and home to another blogger site. Although, as we are all aware healing and wholeness in this area of sexuality is connected and integral to everything.
4. Are you an empowered Pinay puki or pek-pek ally? Write me and tell me your stories of pukengkeng liberation and courage and I'll post some of them here !
1. First, a huge shout-out to sisters from American Samoa, Micronesia, Puerto Rico, and Guam who are here in Honolulu this week for a technical assistance training with Family Violence Prevention Fund, National Organization of Sisters of Color Ending Sexual Assault, Seattle Safety Center, and Asian Women's Shelter. Special mahalos to Cyn Cabot and Jenn Rose for creating access to this important DV movement building work. (And Shane-the greatest pek-pek ally ever for the amazing food).
Being with you all yesterday, re-affirmed to me that the work of addressing family and sexual violence can and must be done in culturally competent ways. The time spent with you all also helped me confirm my path, and assured me to continue following my heart in addressing girls' and womens' wellness through creative arts, theater, and somatic body work and healing.
2. Because of the chance and cosmic connection with these sistahs, I was really inspired to work more on this blog, so if you have been coming here regularly, you'll notice some changes like new links and photos. I love these pics, don't you? It really reflects that nature is truly sensual and the inspiration for creation and liberation.
3. The entry: Apo Caesar and the Princesses has moved to a new blog called Hip Nanay (a cultural adaption and homage to Ariel Gore's Hip Mama). Because I'm wanting to addresss more "mature" themes (not "green" themes) here, I thought I'd move my musings on family, mothering, and home to another blogger site. Although, as we are all aware healing and wholeness in this area of sexuality is connected and integral to everything.
4. Are you an empowered Pinay puki or pek-pek ally? Write me and tell me your stories of pukengkeng liberation and courage and I'll post some of them here !
Comments