The purpose of the pukenkeng liberation front
So, why a Pukengkeng Liberation Front and why now?
Ever since I did the Vagina Monolouges with Girlfest last year in Honolulu, I've been wanting to create a space and place where specifically, pinay vaginas and their stories could be honored and healed. Having just come back from the AAAS conference in LA and getting to meet and connect with all these powerful Pinay sistahs, I've finally decided to come forward and begin writing more publically about my personal work toward decolonizing my sexuality and healing the legacy of family violence as a second generation-post 1965 Pinay woman/mother/activist. As an educator who works with youth on healthy relationships and helping them recognize signs of abuse in teen dating relationships, it's critical that I continue doing my personal work. This blog is one way of keeping myself honest and clear and building a community of healing at the same time. For those who take love seriously as a potential revolutionary force and want to explore ways of sustaining healthy loving in times of occupation, this is the place for such an inquiry.
Writing that just now freaks me out. But having the opportunity to hear
Lenny Mendoza Strobel and her work on Babayalan and hearing Tera Maxwell speak about Princess Urduja and the ways women in Pangasinan are using her symbolically to heal from sexual assault, I'm on fire. There so much we can do and I look forward to discussing here how we can do it.
Maybe it's the lunar eclipse last night that's helping fuel this transformation of private concern to public voicing-- whatever it is, "I'm excited, I'm excited, I'm excited!" Happy Belated Full Moon, my babaylan sistahs everywhere!
Ever since I did the Vagina Monolouges with Girlfest last year in Honolulu, I've been wanting to create a space and place where specifically, pinay vaginas and their stories could be honored and healed. Having just come back from the AAAS conference in LA and getting to meet and connect with all these powerful Pinay sistahs, I've finally decided to come forward and begin writing more publically about my personal work toward decolonizing my sexuality and healing the legacy of family violence as a second generation-post 1965 Pinay woman/mother/activist. As an educator who works with youth on healthy relationships and helping them recognize signs of abuse in teen dating relationships, it's critical that I continue doing my personal work. This blog is one way of keeping myself honest and clear and building a community of healing at the same time. For those who take love seriously as a potential revolutionary force and want to explore ways of sustaining healthy loving in times of occupation, this is the place for such an inquiry.
Writing that just now freaks me out. But having the opportunity to hear
Lenny Mendoza Strobel and her work on Babayalan and hearing Tera Maxwell speak about Princess Urduja and the ways women in Pangasinan are using her symbolically to heal from sexual assault, I'm on fire. There so much we can do and I look forward to discussing here how we can do it.
Maybe it's the lunar eclipse last night that's helping fuel this transformation of private concern to public voicing-- whatever it is, "I'm excited, I'm excited, I'm excited!" Happy Belated Full Moon, my babaylan sistahs everywhere!
Comments
Bec
http://wordbinder.blogspot.com/